IBC is a non- profit organization based in Jordan and established by a group of prominent Iraqi businessmen and investors living in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan in late 2006.IBC has 400 members and 3500 registered companies, working in different sectors like oil and gas, infrastructure, real estate development, power sector, hospitality, transportation, industry, security and defense .etc.
· IBC aims to strengthen business ties between Iraq Jordan and other countries.
· Jordan used by IBC members as a hub to support operations in Iraq.
· IBC Facilitates business, trade, cultural understanding and education between Iraqi companies and their international counterparts by Providing “Company Profile “services, Promoting products, Organizing conferences and B2B meetings, to help the companies evaluate potential business partners.
· IBC’s investment in Jordan is estimated to $14 billion USD.
· IBC’s signed several MOUs with many trade and business councils and entities.
· IBC has worked with the International Monterey fund IMF as a consultant and participates in conducting their reviews about the economic outlook and challenges in Iraq.
· IBC as a founder and a member of the CSR (UNGC) initiative, worked as a strategic partner with the Escwa organization worked holding a national workshop on “Partnership in Democratic Governance and the social responsibility of the Private Sector in Iraq”, which aimed to improve democratic governance in Iraq.
Moreover, IBC recognized out of hundreds of entries, and elected by a panel of 6 judges of the Arabia CSR Awards along with 29 organizations as the most sustainability-oriented entity in the region and awarded The annual Arabia CSR Awards – in its eleventh year -in the category of Social enterprises.
IBC also awarded by the Council of Arab Economic Unity in Cairo – Egypt offor its efforts to support the business community worldwide.
For more information about IBC please visit our website: https://www.ibcjordan.org/en/