Day 1 – Sunday 6th December 2020
09:00 – 09:15Joint Welcome by Hussein Allawi, Chief Executive Officer, Frontier Exchange and Ahmed Al Jader, Managing Partner, Frontier Exchange
Opening Ministerial Keynotes
09:15 – 09:45Keynote Speech, H.E. Ihsan Abduljabbar Ismaael Al-Saade, Minister of Oil
09:45 – 10:05Keynote Speech, H.E. Ali Allawi, Minister of Finance
10:05 – 10:25Keynote Speech, H.E. Majid El Emara, Minister of Electricity
10:25 – 10:35Keynote Speech, Chairman, Energy Committee of The Iraqi Parliament
10:35 – 10:55Keynote Speech, Chairman, Trade Bank of Iraq
10:55 – 11:05Keynote Speech, Chairwoman, National Investment Commission
10:55 – 11:30Opening Ambassadorial Speeches
11:30 – 12:30Official Ministerial Tour of the Exhibition. Networking Tea & Coffee Break
12:30 – 13:30Iraq Oil and Gas in a Global Context
- The Ministry of Oil’s Vision & policy directive to 2030.
- Satisfying global oil demand. Iraq’s role as a leading supplier and hydrocarbon powerhouse.
- New megaprojects, tenders and exploration opportunities.
- Iraq’s long-term role in the global market. Where will the crude flow?
- New strategies to deal with a transitioning energy climate.
13:30 – 14:30Prospects for Upstream Production
- Outlook for production by region.
- New products and technological advancements in exploration & production.
- Shaping and developing a regulatory environment through financial stability and insurance mechanisms.
- Enhancing collaboration between the IOCs, the Government and the downstream supply chain.
- New EPC strategies for successful project development.
14:30 – 15:30Developing an Energy Infrastructure
- Iraq’s strategy to meet the World Bank’s “Zero Routine Flaring by 2030.”
- Enhancing LNG processing, fractionation, storage and distribution.
- Utilizing flare gas capture and treatment technologies to deliver a source of power generation.
- Gas hydrates as a self-sufficient source for energy consumption.
- New technology and products to capture gas.
15:30 – 17:00Lunch & Networking Break
Day 2 – Monday 7th December 2020
09:15 – 09:30Recap of Day 1 by Ahmed Al Jader, Managing Partner, Frontier Exchange
09:30 – 10:30Downstream & Midstream Opportunities
- Opportunities within midstream and developing Iraq’s export capacity.
- New refinery projects and the rehabilitation of existing refineries.
- Government reform and priorities for the petrochemical industry. Encouraging international partners for local development.
- Building a competitive petrochemical industry. Developing Iraq’s gas ethane into a feedstock for petrochemicals.
- Oil & Gas technologies.
10:30 – 11:30 Financing Iraq’s Energy Sector
- Financing Iraq’s megaprojects, structuring risk and encouraging investors.
- White paper reforms and financing opportunities for the energy sector.
- Structuring project finance opportunities.
- The role of the development finance institution.
- Financing solutions from the international commercial banks and export credit agencies.
11:30 – 12:00Networking Tea & Coffee Break
13:00 – 14:00Energy & The Economy
- Iraq’s macroeconomic future, public sector reforms and diversification plans.
- Fiscal reform in a regional context.
- Digitalisation of the economy. Supporting economic diversification.
- Iraq’s sovereign rating and the role of the CBI to finance deficit spending.
14:00 – 15:00Diversity, Inclusion & Capacity Building
- Developing a local Iraqi workforce and engagement with local communities.
- Employee health and welfare. Enhancing working and living conditions in the hydrocarbon sector.
- Implementing sustainability concerns within existing and new projects.
- Gender diversity and corporate sustainability practices.
15:00 – 17:00Lunch & Networking Break
Close of The Iraq Oil & Gas Show 2020