IRAQI OIL & GAS IN A GLOBAL CONTEXT
- The Ministry of Oil’s Vision & policy directive to 2030.
- Satisfying global oil demand. Iraq’s role as a leading supplier and hydrocarbon powerhouse.
- New megaprojects, tenders and exploration opportunities.
- Iraq’s long-term role in the global market. Where will the crude flow?
- New strategies to deal with a transitioning energy climate.
PROSPECTS FOR UPSTREAM PRODUCTION
- Outlook for production by region.
- New products and technological advancements in exploration & production.
- Shaping and developing a regulatory environment through financial stability and insurance mechanisms.
- Enhancing collaboration between the IOCs, the Government and the downstream supply chain.
- New EPC strategies for successful project development.
DEVELOPING MIDSTREAM & DOWNSTREAM CAPACITY
- Opportunities within midstream and developing Iraq’s export capacity.
- New refinery projects and the rehabilitation of existing refineries post Daesh.
- Government reform and priorities for the petrochemical industry. Encouraging international partners for local development.
- Measures to transition from heavy fuel oil and steps to limit sulphur content.
- Building a competitive petrochemical industry. Developing Iraq’s gas ethane into a feedstock for petrochemicals.
- Gas processing facilities: Separating dry gas from natural gas liquids.
IRAQ’S SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- Defining supply chain dynamics in Iraq.
- Resolving Iraqi bottlenecks: Enhancing connections from oil production fields to storage and export points.
- Developing new pipelines and electricity provision to satisfy growing oil production.
- Project updates and rehabilitation of water treatment plants.
- Large scale financing projects through partnerships. Government strategies for establishing and encouraging PPPs.
- Resolving the near-term water supply gap through efficient management, recycling and reusing of water.
DEVELOPING AN ENERGY INFRASTRUCTURE
- Government strategy to meet the World Banks “Zero Routine Flaring by 2030.”
- Enhancing LNG processing, fractionation, storage and distribution.
- Utilizing flare gas capture and treatment technologies to deliver a source of power generation.
- Gas hydrates as a self-sufficient source for energy consumption.
- New technology and products to capture gas.
TECHNOLOGY & THE HYDROCARBON INDUSTRY
- Unlocking more energy. New innovations to allow greater oil and gas flow.
- New drilling products: Employing smart technology for a leaner, more efficient drill.
- Production improvement with emerging digital technologies and artificial mapping.
- New technologies for effective reservoir and well surveillance.
- Gas technology: Efficiency in processing, capturing, storage and metering.
ENVIRONMENT & HEALTH & SAFETY
- Developing a local Iraqi workforce and engagement with local communities.
- Climate Migration: Resolving Iraq’s increasing likelihood of natural disasters, drought, desertification and environmental pollution.
- Water management in Iraq: Enhancing regulation, infrastructure and sewage treatment facilities.
- Employee health and welfare. Enhancing working and living conditions in the hydrocarbon sector.
- Implementing ESG concerns within existing and new projects.