Day 1 – Sunday 6th December 2020
09:00 – 09:15 Joint Welcome by Hussein Allawi, Chief Executive Officer, Frontier Exchange and Ahmed Jader, Managing Partner, Frontier Exchange
Opening Ministerial Keynotes
- 09:15 – 09:45 Keynote Speech, H.E. Dr Thamir Ghadhban, Deputy Prime Minister for Energy and Minister of Oil
- 09:45 – 10:05 Keynote Speech, H.E. Luay Al Khateeb,Minister of Electricity
- 10:05 – 10:25 Keynote Speech, H.E. Saleh al-Jubouri, Minister of Industry & Minerals
- 10:25 – 10:35 Keynote Speech, Haibut Al Halbusi, Chairman,Energy Committee of The Iraqi Parliament
- 10:35 – 10:55 Keynote Speech, Chairman, Trade Bank of Iraq
- 10:55 – 11:30 Opening Ambassadorial Speeches
- 11:30 – 12:30 Official Ministerial Tour of the Exhibition. Networking Tea & Coffee Break
12:30 – 13:30The Ministry of Oil’s Vision & policy directive to 2030
- The Ministry of Oil’s Vision & policy directive to 2030.
- Satisfying global oil demand. Iraq’s role as a leading supplier and hydrocarbon powerhouse.
- New megaprojects, tenders and exploration opportunities.
- Iraq’s long-term role in the global market. Where will the crude flow?
- New strategies to deal with a transitioning energy climate.
- Dr Falah J Alamri, Energy Consultant & Former Advisor to H.E Ministry of Oil
- Mahmoud Abbas, Director General, State Company for Oil Projects (SCOP)
- Dr Mohammad Abed Mezal Al-Abody, DG Reservoir & Field Development, Ministry of Oil
- Ali Wared, DG Training & Development, Ministry of Oil
- Nasser Aziz Jabar, DG Studies & Planning, Ministry of Oil
13:30 – 14:30 Prospects for Upstream Production
- Outlook for production by region.
- New products and technological advancements in exploration & production.
- Shaping and developing a regulatory environment through financial stability and insurance mechanisms.
- Enhancing collaboration between the IOCs, the Government and the downstream supply chain.
- New EPC strategies for successful project development.
- Evan Weiss, President, AWI
- Dunia Chalabi, Managing Director, Total E&P Iraq
- Richard Wadsworth, General Manager, Sonangol E & P Iraq
- Abdulla Al Qadi, Exploration & Production, Crescent Petroleum
14:30 – 15:30Gas to Power [Panel Discussion]
- Utilizing flare gas capture and treatment technologies to deliver a domestic source of power generation.
- Capitalizing on Iraq’s natural gas, case studies of successful gas flaring.
- Tapping into Iraq’s gas opportunities, new projects and investment opportunities.
- New technologies to capture gas flaring from oil stations.
- Gas processing facilities: Separating dry gas from natural gas liquids.
- Musab Al Kateeb, CEO, Siemens Iraq
- Dr Falah J Alamri, Advisor to H.E Minister of Oil
- Yesar al-Melaki, Energy Economist, Iraq Energy Institute
15:30 – 17:00Lunch & Networking Break
Day 2 – Monday 7th December 2020
09:15 – 09:30 Recap of Day 1 by Ahmed Al Jader, Managing Partner, Frontier Exchange
09:30 – 11:00 Iraqi Oil & Gas in A Global Context
- Satisfying global oil demand. Iraq’s role as a leading supplier & hydrocarbon powerhouse.
- Large scale financing projects through partnerships. Government strategies for establishing and encouraging PPPs.
- Outlook for major projects in Iraq’s oil, gas and chemical sector.
- Resolving Iraqi bottlenecks: Enhancing connections from oil production fields to storage and export points.
- Noam Raydan, Energy Expert
- Will Crisp, Energy Reporter, MENA, MEED
- Adnan al Baya, Energy Expert
11:00 – 12:30Empowering Iraqi Employment & The Local Economy
- New education programs to attract local skilled labour.
- Developing a local Iraqi workforce and engagement with local communities.
- Employee health and welfare. Enhancing working and living conditions in the hydrocarbon sector.
- Implementing ESG concerns within existing and new projects.
- Ahmed Tabaqchali, Fellow, Institute of Regional & International Studies, American University of Iraq, Sulaimani
- Saad Abadi, CEO, Sajer Group for Security Services
- Christine Van Dern Toorn, Founder & President, Iraq Fund for Higher Education
- Ahmed Dawood, Vice President, American Chamber of Commerce in Iraq
12:30 – 13:00 Networking Tea & Coffee Break
13:00 – 15:00Industry Round Tables
- Round Table 1: Prospects for Upstream Production
- Round Table 2 : Iraq’s Energy Infrastructure
- Round Table 3: Midstream and Downstream Capacity
- Round Table 4: Gas-To-Power
15:00 – 17:00Lunch & Networking Break
Close of The Iraq Oil & Gas Show 2020